Sunday, January 6, 2008

late to theOAKS

in the stairwell
Truth softly pressing
against the old wooden doors.

the doors say IN
only IN, no...OUT
just like Your hand.

never will I leave you
nor forsake you
come
let Me give you peace
let My love quiet you
I AM what you need
I AM what you are looking for
seek first My kingdom
and all else
will be given to you
as well

Truth building
crashing against the door now
talk of torn curtains
of a sacrifice.

taking a bath in Your blood
freedom is...
my rebellion swirling down the drain.

clean but lonely,
lonely but free.

the stairs creak:

I AM all else.
I AM all.
I AM.
I.

3 comments:

David said...

good stuff brother. never knew you were a poet.

Anonymous said...

jon.
that was awesome.
any chance that that was inspired in part by Zeph. 3:17?
or was that just the Holy Spirit being sweet and speaking the Word through you?


i loved it either way.

Mary Rector said...

that is beautiful Jon (you know you could have come in, even if you were late ; )